Xinjiang suspended the assessment of cotton spinning project and allowed the continuation of construction, eliminating the below 30,000-ton capacity in 3 years
On April 6, the People’s Government of Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region issued the “Circular on Further Improving the Policy on Autonomous Region Textile and Garment Industry”.
The "Notice" was issued to implement the spirit of the Second Central Xinjiang Work Forum and the Sixth National Work Supporting Xinjiang Work Conference, and implements the work plan of the regional party committee and government on promoting the healthy and sustainable development of the Xinjiang textile and garment industry. Focus on the overall goal of social stability and long-term stability, and firmly fight against the three major challenges of preventing and resolving major risks, accurately eliminating poverty, and preventing and controlling pollution.
The "Notice" pointed out that Xinjiang shall implement the principle of stabilizing existing policies, regulating cotton spinning production capacity, persisting in employment first, and giving priority to southern Xinjiang.
Xinjiang will control the excessively rapid development of cotton spinning capacity, control the construction of cotton spinning projects, suspend the construction of cotton spinning projects, and after the evaluation, allow the construction to continue. After completion, the cotton spinning industry can enjoy the support policy.
The cotton spinning capacity put into operation before March 31, 2018 will continue to implement the existing policies. In three years, we will gradually phase out the production capacity of 30,000 tons or less (including 30,000 spindles) and the backward production of cotton spinning equipment.
The full text of the Notice is as follows:
First, stabilize policy expectations, optimize policies, and support the development of terminal industries such as apparel, home textiles and knitting
1. Maintain current policy stability. We will continue to provide necessary policy support for the construction of infrastructure and standard factory buildings, freight rates for corporate products, electricity tariffs, pre-post training for employees, and new jobs, social insurance, and loan interest subsidies.
2. Adjust new employment subsidies. For all kinds of textile and garment enterprises to absorb the employment of Xinjiang nationals, according to the standard of 5,000 yuan per person, the new employment subsidies will be provided in three years (2000 yuan in the first year, 1,000 yuan in the second year, and 2,000 yuan in the third year).
3. Give priority to supporting the terminal industry. The special funds of the national and autonomous regions' textile and apparel industries give priority to the development of terminal industries such as garments, home textiles and knitting.
4. Support enterprises "going out". The terminal manufacturers of garments, home textiles, and knitwear have participated in various foreign exhibitions such as Russia and Central Asia, launched cross-border e-commerce, and developed international markets.
Second, control the excessive growth of cotton spinning capacity and promote the high-quality development of the cotton textile industry
5. Control cotton spinning projects under construction. Suspension of cotton spinning projects under construction, commissioned by the autonomous region to assess the national industrial organizations, equipment and technology to reach the domestic advanced level and have a certain scale of production of cotton spinning projects, allowing continued construction, the completion of the existing cotton textile industry can enjoy the support policy.
6. Limit new expansion of cotton spinning capacity. Except for Kashgar, Hetian, and Kezhou, the newly expanded cotton spinning projects in other places (states, cities) do not enjoy the existing cotton spinning industry support policy.
7. Upgrade the existing level of cotton spinning equipment. The cotton production capacity completed and put into operation before March 31, 2018 will continue to implement the existing policies. In three years, through technological transformation, merger, reorganization, replacement, etc., the phase-out capacity of 30,000 spindles (including 30,000 spindles) and backward equipped cotton spinning production capacity was gradually eliminated.
8. Abolish real estate cotton subsidies in Xinjiang. Since January 1, 2018, the implementation of the policy of textile companies using Xinjiang real estate cotton for subsidies has been terminated.
Third, focus on supporting the development of textile and apparel industries in the four cities in South Xinjiang
9. Increase the support for local governments to build production plants. The subsidy for the construction and production of factories with more than 50 employees in the satellite factories and poverty alleviation workshops invested and constructed by the local governments in the four counties of southern Xinjiang for the terminal industries such as garments, home textiles and knitting.
10. Increase talent introduction subsidies. For the terminal industry manufacturers of garments, home textiles and knitting in the four cities of southern Xinjiang, the talent introduction subsidies will be granted at a rate of one place per 50 employees. The subsidy standard is 50,000 yuan per person per year, and the subsidy time limit is 3 years.
11. Give enterprise products a Xinjiang transport subsidy. For terminal enterprises in garments, home textiles, knitting, carpets, and industrial textiles in the four cities of southern Xinjiang, the outsourcing subsidies were based on 4% of the sales of Xinjiang products.
12. Continue to support the development of the cotton textile industry. Newly expanded cotton spinning projects with more than 50,000 spindles in the Kashi region, Hetian district, and Kezhou can enjoy the existing cotton spinning industry policy.
13. Support the development of textile and garment accessory products. The autonomous region has developed a catalogue of textile and garment related products and provided policy support for pre-employment training, social security, and out-of-bounds freight charges for the production enterprises of textile and garment related products in the four southern states. The subsidy shall be given to local governments for investing in and building the production plants used in the above industries.
14. Give special support to some counties and cities. Combining the actual development of the textile and clothing industry in the four counties and cities in southern Xinjiang, the company will implement special and more accurate special support for comprehensive factors such as the industrial structure, the labor force population, and the task of poverty alleviation.
Fourth, support "education and training center +" develop textile and garment industry to promote stability
15. Support the construction of the "Education and Training Center +" production plant. In Kashgar, Hetian, Kezhou, Keping and Wushi counties in Aksu Prefecture, pilot projects to support “education and training centers +” development of labor-intensive industries such as textiles and clothing were carried out. In the periphery of the “Education and Training Center+”, the subsidy shall be properly subsidized by the local factories invested by the local government and used in labor-intensive enterprises such as clothing, home textiles and knitting.
16. Encourage enterprises to participate in the "educational training center +". In the "education and training center +" development of labor-intensive industries such as textiles and garments pilot areas, for the transfer of staff to provide training positions clothing, home textiles, knitting and other labor-intensive enterprises, enterprises can enjoy the transport subsidies for product sales of 4%, According to the number of training instructors, a training subsidy of 1,800 yuan per person will be given.
17. The scope of application. This policy has been implemented throughout the territory since the date of its release. The Xinjiang Production and Construction Corps shall follow the principle of stabilizing existing policies, regulating cotton spinning production capacity, persisting in employment first, and giving priority to southern Xinjiang.